Wednesday, September 11, 2013

The Waiting Game

I'm happy to finally say that this waiting game is in the final period. We're in the home stretch and I can't wait to get on the plane for Zambia in three days! Bags are packed, plane tickets bought, accommodation arranged, immunizations done (ouch!), and our third criminal record check completed. Each task completed brings us one step closer to Isaac. I didn't think I could ever love a photo as much as I do when I look at Isaac's beautiful face. More times than I can count each day, I daydream about the moment when I'll finally be able to hold him in my arms, feel his baby soft skin, smell that amazing baby smell, kiss his kissable cheeks, and gaze into his beautiful brown eyes, and know that I'm in heaven. In that moment, I know I will forget about the endless paperwork, the mountain high pile of reading (most of which was frankly terrifying), the intrusive questions, and the never-ending waiting. At that moment, it will all be worth it. The waiting game will have finally ended and if I have anything to say, there will be no overtime!


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your blog with Dean and I! We will be looking forward to read each and every post. :) Bon voyage, Tschopp family!

    ReplyDelete