Friday, July 11, 2014

Like a Moth to a Flame



  It has become apparent that my son has an addiction and that addiction would be water. Whether it’s from the tap, creek, dog bowl, or puddle, he doesn’t discriminate, he loves it all. It’s a bit like a moth to a flame. It’s like he has a special water radar. No matter where we are, he is able to zero in on the nearest body of water, even if it’s a small spill on the floor, and make a bee-line straight for it. Once there, he may decide to stomp his feet in it, splash it with his hands, or get down on his hands and knees, butt in the air, and drink from it. I try to prevent him from drinking out of puddles and the dog bowl, but sometimes it is impossible. From his older cousin, he learned to put his face entirely in the water while playing with the water table. This has now progressed to making bubbles in the bath. I can’t help but be proud of that knowing that he’s already passed a skill in swimming lessons. I also have an affinity for water and love that Isaac shares this with me, but sometimes, I just want to get through the day without 3-4 changes of water logged clothes. I now know what it feels like when moms say, “My life has become laundry”. Yup, been there done that.

At John Lawson Park in West Vancouver. Best water park ever.


Look at that smile. Sitting in muddy water and never happier.

Ahhhh

No comments:

Post a Comment