Wednesday, June 18, 2014

I Support BC Teachers



Dear Auntie Kate,


    Thanks for being such a great Auntie and a wonderful teacher. I know that you and your fellow teachers are striking right now and I wanted to say that I support you. Thank you for fighting for the education system, for the teacher profession, and for current and future students, like me. When it’s time for me to go to school, I hope that I have a teacher just like you. Someone that sees teaching as more than just a job. Someone who tries her best to support students to succeed and achieve their goals. Someone who takes the time to learn about each student and their individual needs, strengths, and dreams. Someone who works beyond what is stipulated in a contract because she truly wants to make the school experience as amazing as possible for her students. I hope I get to go to a school like yours, Auntie. Chief Maquinna seems like a lot of fun. A school that has all the extra things that parents take for granted – track and field, school plays, field trips, sports days, and special projects. A school that cares about their community, dropping off handmade cards for Valentine’s Day and Remembrance Day. A school that tackles the big things like bullying and respect for others. A school that recognizes that their students come from all walks of life and goes for the extra mile for students in need. Auntie, that’s why I support what you and your fellow teachers are trying to achieve. This is what I would say if I could talk.  

                                                                                                              
                                                                                                           Love,

                                                                                                                Isaac   (and Mommy)


No comments:

Post a Comment